College Hill Hike for the Homeless Virtual 5k Run/Walk the Virtual 5k
Hike for the Homeless is a fun community challenge that brings people together to collectively improve the health of the community while bringing awareness to the homelessness in our city. You can participate in the virtual 5k by going solo or joining with family. Walk or run on your favorite trail, hiking path, or road course. Participate in the privacy of your home with your exercise equipment.
Collectively we can raise awareness and funds to help combat homelessness in our in our city. Register Online
1. When and where is the Hike? The Hike is virtual so start anytime and anywhere you choose between November 1st and the 29th. Simply register and upon completion of your hike, log in your time. Finish your experience by joining us for the Solidarity Walk.
2. Our Hike for the Homeless Solidarity Walk will take place on November 29th, 2020 from Noon until 1pm at the parking lot of College Hill Presbyterian Church. Show your commitment for the cause by joining in a walk in the community of College Hill. (approx. 1 mile)
November 1st 2020 Registration Begins
November 29th 2020 Homeless Solidarity Walk (approx. 1 mile)
11:30 On-site Registration
11:45 Warm-up work out
12:00 Homeless Solidarity walk begins (approx. 1 mile)
We will gather (socially distanced with mask) to walk in solidarity with our homeless community to conclude the event
3. Who can participate? We welcome everyone (ages 0-100+) to participate. Participate in the virtual 5k and/or the 1 mile Solidarity walk at College Hill Presbyterian Church.
4. Registration. All participants register for $25. (Free for children under 12) Register at: CHPCHFH.com
5. Consider the 3-Step Challenge. (An individual challenge)
- Fundraising challenge – Raise $200 by the Solidarity Walk Day. Fundraising can be done online or with the provided brochure.
- Enlist at least 3 others to participate.
- Invitation challenge – Participate in the Virtual 5k.
6. The Fundraising Goal. Our Goal is to raise $4000. to support a local Homeless Outreach Organization. Proceeds beyond our fundraising goal will support Community Outreach initiatives by CHPC.
7. How can I volunteer to help? We will need lots of help to make this event a success. Watch for volunteer sign ups in the weeks to come. Consider accepting the 3-Step Challenge.
For more info, contact Darryll Davis (513)-628-0893 or email: Outreach@chpc.com