Jesus commanded his followers to “go and make disciples of all nations” (Matthew 28.19) so that people “from every tribe and language and people and nation” (Revelation 5.9) will one day worship joyfully before His throne. College Hill Presbyterian Church supports about twenty cross-cultural Christian workers in about a dozen different countries and the US. Though their cultural contexts and ways of serving differ widely, they all share one goal: to bring the love of God through Jesus Christ in both word and deed to people who don’t yet know of God’s redeeming love for them.
Most of our global workers have been sent out directly from CHPC, and all keep in touch with us regularly. We support them with finances, friendship, and prayer. When they visit Cincinnati, look for them in services and in the Fireside Room between services. After second service the World Mission Team hosts a potluck lunch where there is time for more relaxed fellowship, more detailed information on their work, and prayer. All are welcome! Watch the Sunday morning bulletin for details.
There are (at least) four ways God may call you to help bring the good news of Jesus to people of other cultures:
- that God will bless our cross-cultural workers with spiritual, emotional, mental, relational, and physical health.
- that God will connect them with the people He is preparing to hear the good news of Jesus.GOc
to meet local international students through International Friendships, Inc. Check out https://cincy.ifipartners.org or contact Pat.
- hospitality, encouragement, active listening, and practical assistance during visits, and (security-sensitive) communication by letter or email between visits.
- financially through donations to their sending agencies, and through our CHPC Global Worker Christmas Gift collection (look for red envelopes near the Fireside Room during Advent).
- by encouraging other Christians to develop their spiritual gifts as you practice yours, modeling openness to God’s guidance for your own life.
- by learning about needs and opportunities to serve in other cultures and sharing these with people who may be prepared to meet them. Watch for mission-related Formation Hour classes Sundays at 10 a.m.
- to meet local international students through International Friendships, Inc. Check out https://cincy.ifipartners.org or contact Pat.
- to assist local refugees at Northminster Presbyterian Church on Friday mornings. Contact Robin Riechel through CHPC 541-7829.
- and be a blessing wherever God sends YOU!
If you have any questions, please contact Parish Associate, Harold “Chappie” Chapman at or 542-4968 or Mary Sue at 541-7829.